MUNGU WETU NI MOTO ULAO WAEBRANIA 12:29.

Saturday, December 18, 2010

IT'S NEARLY CHRISTMAS

I write this in September

And I can already see my breath

Because the temperature is falling

To fifty degrees or less;

There are frosted mornings

And skies are turning gray;

Next thing, there'll be snowdrifts

Fit for a sleigh.



In stores, they're gearing for Halloween

With pumpkins on display;

After October 31, we'll count the days

To shop til Kris Kringle Day;

Just when I thought the craze was over

And the presents were put away,

Alas! I hear Santa "ho-hoing",

It's nearly Christmas Day.



Christmas is a magical time,

Is there any doubt?

But I'm going to need a psychotherapist

To get my anxeties out!

The sugarplums might be dancing,

But they're messing up my mind;

The silver bells aren't doing much

To help me unwind.



September comes and October goes,

November is just a glance;

Once again, there'll be invitations

To another holiday dance;

I'll decorate the Christmas tree

With icicles, stars, and lights,

But I'll need a ton of eggnog

To get me through this night!

No comments: